Translate

8.09.2012

Minimalism Update

Oh minimalism...
I have been living a minimalist life since February and it has been amazing.  I have evolved so much; you can call me Naika 2.0. For me, this has meant decreased spending/increased saving, living a life physical/emotional/mental simplicity, and only keeping/using what I need.  It has meant getting rid of excess and maintaining a clear space.  You'd be surprised at what types of things pollute your mind, making it so cloudy that you can't see the truth. For me some of those things have been the media, politics and most television (especially reality TV, which used to be my favorite guilty pleasure). But, by having a clear space as a canvas, I have been able to focus on painting my mind with love, peace, calm, truth- deep spirituality.  The majority of my time is actually spent on meditation and positive action (helping others, reading, painting, exercising, writing, praying). To be honest, I have internalized my minimalist ideals so well that I forgot that I've been "doing" minimalism.  It wasn't until a good friend asked me over brunch a week ago how it's been going, that I actually thought about it. I was like, "Oh yea! It's going well".  I think the best thing about being minimalistic has been listening to my inner voice and really getting in touch with myself, my goals, and my true purpose on Earth.  I blocked out the noise and I ask "what does the silence tell me?".  I stopped shopping and I ask "what do I need?".  I blocked out the lies and I ask "what is the truth?".  I blocked out the status quo and I ask "what matters to me?".  I blocked out desire and I ask "what do I need?".  I blocked out the darkness and I now see the light, thank God.  Everything is so much simpler now.  From the material, to the physical, to the emotional.  This is the new me.
What Matters:

  • God
  • Health
  • Family
  • Peace
  • Purpose
  • Inspiration
  • Clarity
  • Prayer
  • Truth
  • Morality
  • Sacrifice
  • Giving
  • Openness
  • Compassion
  • Responsibility
  • Simplicity
  • Silence
  • Light








What Doesn't Matter:

  • Fear
  • Aggression
  • Indulgence
  • Negativity
  • Blame
  • Selfishness
  • Competition
  • Taking
  • Noise
  • Popular Opinion
  • Mess
  • Trends

What matters is so much MORE than what doesn't matter. I will leave it at that.

Want to follow me on Twitter or Instagram? Do it. Let's be friends.


Stay Engaged, 
N

No comments:

Post a Comment