Translate

1.08.2013

What I'm Loving Right Now: Part 1

I'm always looking for the healthiest, yummiest, and most cost-effective hair products to add to my natural hair regimen. I finally understand why the OG natural hair gurus always say "it often takes years to find the right products for you". Sure, I have my staples; most of which have worked just fine.  But every now and then, a girl gets curious and looks for something better.  I am constantly trying new products- really just conditioners, leave-ins, and moisturizers.  I'm committed to my deep conditioner and don't quite care for shampoos. I tend to buy MANY products during the black friday sales, that most natural hair companies have caught on to by now.  But, I do try new things throughout the year as well.  With that said, I've decided to start filling you all in on the products that I'm loving at the moment because whenever I tweet about my new product obsessions, I always get a ton of questions. I gather if you're reading this post, you're into natural hair.  And it you're into natural hair, I can safely assume that you have an interest in trying different products! I won't be doing this every month, but definitely a few times a year, as I go through the products.
I also may start doing this for health and skin products as well....

Let's get started!

1. Oyin Handmade's Hair Dew
Obsessed. I've been wanting to try this forever. I use this product as a leave-in. This may just replace the other staple leave in conditioner I have previously mentioned. It is so deliciously moisturizing. My hair just eats it up!

2. Grapeseed Oil


So I definitely have my staple oils that I will never stop using (olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil and castor oil).  But, I bought grapeseed oil a few months ago to try as a natural heat protectant. It didn't really work well for me on that front, but I currently use it as a sealant, and it's great! I can't say it's going to be a staple forever, but I will continue to use it up!
This oil is nice and cheap too! ;)

3. Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner

This right here. OMG. Now I get what the hype is about. This is a super thick yet moisturizing conditioner, with such a nice subtle slip. I, of course, would never use such an expensive product in such a small bottle (8 oz.)as an actual conditioner, but I do use it in other ways.  For my hair, this works best as a daily moisturizer. The smell isn't obnoxiously pumpkin. Like....who actually wants their hair to smell like pumpkin. It is just the right amount of pumpkin!

4. Donna Marie Super Buttercreme

I am a die hard fan of Donna Marie's Dream Curl Curling Cream. It is probably one of the most important staple products in my stash because it is the only thing I use for braid outs.  When I ordered my new year's stash of the curling cream, I decided to try the super buttercreme out of curiousity.  I am so glad I did! When I first opened this product up, it smelled just like the curling cream, so I gave it the side-eye.  But, this buttercream has its own identity. Unlike its sister cream, the buttercreme is very fluffy and light, making it ideal as a moisturizer, twisting cream, or even wash and go styling aid.

Ok, that's it for now!

Make sure to keep your hair super moisturized this winter!

Stay engaged,

N

No comments:

Post a Comment