Translate

11.26.2016

PUBLIC REMINDER

This is a public reminder.

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK WITHOUT CITING ME AS A SOURCE AND GIVING ME CREDIT.

This is disrespectful and unprofessional. It is also illegal since my work is copyrighted.

I appreciate the attention and the interest, but I work hard and it does not feel good to have my work stolen, especially when I AM TRYING TO BUILD COMMUNITY.

One of my friends recently said that a focus on Haiti's natural resources is the next frontier and I couldn't agree more. I expect that many of you will find my work as you research, since interest in this realm will continue to increase over time.




There are many healers, growers, investors, and stewards of the land who are interested in shining light on Haiti's natural resources and this is a beautiful thing. It is also a part of my life's work as an Anthropologist, Haitian enthusiast, and a Naturopathic Doctor (to be).

This is something I've obviously been doing since 2012. This is also something that MANY before me have done, and continue to do both publicly and privately and I pay them homage. Let's work together, not steal from each other.

Just take a second. Pause. Ask for permission. At the very least, cite.

It's situations like these that make me so weary of posting and sharing, and that's a shame.

The intention of sharing my work with you all is for spreading the knowledge and love.

Plagiarizing my work is not in line with that.

I cannot fully express how deeply hurtful it is to see someone post my work and take credit for it.

Please STOP.

Thank you.

Stay engaged,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment